Check on how you can update your existing Sony Xperia C Android 4.4 Kitkat Firmware via custom ROM.
While it will be take months for Sony to release official Android 4.4 Kitkat update to Xperia C, custom firmware are always on user-end to provide them with latest updates. While some of the phones receives official updates, many phones are left apart. Sony Xperia C Android 4.4 Kitkat update lies in same confusion whether this will be update or not, it’s not been officially by Sony Mobiles.
Before updating Xperia C with Android 4.4 Kitkat, you should go through following pre upgrade requirements -
Preparing Your Phone
- Sony Xperia C phone should be rooted. Also ClockWorkMod Recovery 11 should be installed on your device.
- Charge your phone to 100% battery life ensuring you will not get trouble during the update.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone. You can find it in Settings, Developer Options.
- Take the backup of existing firmware on your phone. Make use of any apps that find helpful.
- Also on your Xperia C phone make sure that bootloaders are unlocked and also this guide works for only unlocked Xperia C models.
Note: We are no way responsible for anything happens to your device if you proceed here.
Sony Xperia C Android 4.4 Kitkat Update
Follow the process mentioned here -
- Download the Sony Xperia C_4.4 Kitkat update package.zip package right on your device if its possible or else download to PC then send it to phone via USB cable.
- Install the ROM Manager App from Play Store on your Sony Xperia C. Get it from Google Play Store, then install the clockwork mod recovery.
- Restart your device in the recovery mode using ROM Manager. As soon as in Recovery Mode, go to ROM Manager and select backup / restore to back-up your information.
- From the Recovery Menu do a total data erase (including Delvik Cache). When completed, go back to Recovery Main Menu and choose Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose Zip from SD card and navigate to the file location.
- Navigate the location you copied the ”Sony Xperia C_4.4 Kitkat.zip” file and follow the directions for installing Android 4.4 Kitkat on your Sony Xperia C.
- Just reboot your Sony Xperia C device is required and you’ve just upgraded it to the new Android 4.4 Kitkat.
So that completes the updating process. Go to Settings > About Phone on your device and check for Android version.